Dr. John Philip Lou Lumain finished Doctor of Veterinary Medicine at the Visayas State University. He pursued his Master in Tropical Animal Health (MSTAH) at the Institute of Tropical Medicine, Antwerp, Belgium, and the University of Pretoria, South Africa under the Belgian Directorate General (DGD) scholarship. He is a proud member of the Philippine Society of Parasitologists (PSP) Inc.
Research interests: Parasitology, Veterinary Helminthology, One Health, and vector-borne zoonotic diseases.
- Mercken, E., Van Damme, I., Šoba, B., Vangeenberghe, S., Serradell, A., Lumain, J. P. L., … & Gabriël, S. (2021). High occurrence of Anisakidae at retail level in cod (Gadus morhua) belly flaps and the impact of extensive candling. Food and Waterborne Parasitology, 22, e00108.
- Mercken, E., Van Damme, I., Vangeenberghe, S., Serradell, A., De Sterck, T., Lumain, J. P. L., & Gabriël, S. (2020). Ascaridoids in commercial fish: Occurrence, intensity and localization in whole fish and fillets destined for the Belgian market. International Journal of Food Microbiology, 327, 108657.
- Lumain, J.P.L., & Balala, L. (2019). Prevalence and risk factors associated with Fasciola gigantic and Paramphistomum cervi infection through actual retrieval in Philippine Carabaos in Ormoc City Abattoir, Philippines. Annals of Tropical Research, 41(2), 43-56.
- Lumain, J. P. L., & Balala, L. (2018). Suitability of danish bilharziasis laboratory technique (DBL) as detection test for trematode infection in buffaloes. CLSU International Journal of Science & Technology, 3(2), 1-8.
- Kusin, A. A. M., Bagot, M. A., & Lumain, J. P. L. M. (2016). In VitroAcaricidal Efficacy of Neem (Azadirachta indica) Oil against Ear Mites (Otodectes cynotis). Journal of Agriculture and Technology Management (JATM), 19, 2.
Dr. Lumain loves scrap-booking, reading fantasy and mythological novels, visiting beaches, trekking, and cooking.