IN LIGHT OF THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC, OUR VETERINARY PRODUCTS & SERVICES ARE LIMITED. PLEASE CALL OUR CLINICAL VETERINARIANS FOR INQUIRIES AND SCHEDULING OF APPOINTMENTS. THANK YOU!
The CVM-VSU Teaching Hospital is a unique avenue providing basic clinical training for our students during in-house management, diagnosis and treatment of locally-referred patients/cases during their early Clinics subjects. It also aims to cater to the needs of the community in providing compassionate care to animal health and well-being, including diagnosis and treatment of livestock and poultry diseases, prevention and control of zoonotic diseases, and implementation of One Health programs in animal disease management. Moreover, the CVM Teaching Hospital endeavors to facilitate research activities, serves as a launching platform for prospecting veterinary clinicians, as well as demonstrate the business aspect of a veterinary enterprise in a clinic/hospital setting.
How We Operate
Under the direction of our College Dean, all operations of the CVM Teaching Hospital is supervised by the Head of the Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences. The Head oversees the availability and performance of clinical veterinarians while ensuring the products and services provided by the clinic are optimal and delivered accordingly. Clinical veterinarians establish veterinarian-client relationships and serve as frontline providers of products and services we offer. Our doctors are composed of licensed veterinarians of the college who work on rotation at certain times/day of the week and directly attend to the needs of the clients/patients.
- General Practice
- Vaccination, Deworming, General check-up, Animal health advice
- Pathology and Diagnostic Exam
- Complete Blood count (Manual), Fecalysis, Urinalysis, Doppler, Skin scrapings, Trichogram, Breeding soundness exam
- Elective surgery & Critical Care
- Castration, Spaying, Dental prophylaxis, Tumor removal
Pricing Schedule and Mode of Payment
- Please call +63 53 565 0600 Local 1038 for the pricing schedule of our products and services.
Scope and Administrative Matters
- The CVM Teaching Hospital primarily serves the VSU constituents and residents of Baybay City, Leyte. However due to the COVID-19 pandemic, services are currently limited. Clients are advised to make an appointment. Walk-in services are on hold as of the moment.
- The CVM Teaching Hospital does not currently accept confinement cases.
- Limited pet grooming service is also offered. Please ask our clinical veterinarians for details.
- Home services within the VSU community are only limited to deworming and vaccination.
- The veterinarian-in-charge has the right to refuse any client with a history of harassment, malicious deeds, threat, and slander.
- The client has the obligation to pay all the services acquired as agreed in the billing.
- All other veterinary clinical work is subject to the approval of the clinical management before any appointment can be made.