A globally competitive university for science, technology, and environmental conservation.
Development of a highly competitive human resource, cutting-edge scientific knowledge and innovative technologies for sustainable communities and environment.
- Relevance.It emphasizes pertinence and applicability of the University to the social well-being of its stakeholders. The University should continually pursue to contribute to society’s intellectual, cultural and economic progress. Its scientific and technological endeavors should be shaped by the demands of society, either in the form of knowledge in basic sciences or technology derived from applied and developmental researches;
- Integrity.The firm adherence to an upright moral code and ethical standards is vital in the University’s search for truth. An institution engaged in producing quality human capital and scientific innovation must remain incorruptible in a morally challenging environment. Integrity is crucial in forging synergistic partnerships between the University and its stakeholders. Partnerships founded upon integrity practice transparency and mutual trust;
- Truth.It is in accord with facts and reality and connotes sincerity in action, character and utterance. The character of an institution is shaped by its ability to stand by the truth and make use of it. The search for truth, the very essence of the academic institution, is the backbone of the scientific process where certainty of results is tested against all known facts. The University is an institution that stands by the truth, reasons in accordance with facts and manifests sincerity in utterances, action and character; and
- Excellence.A value that centers on the imminent goodness of the quality of services, systems, and outputs of the University. An institution that consistently lives by excellent standards in anything that it does is effective in its search for truth and delivery of socially-relevant, scientific and technological contributions. The stakeholders of the University that includes its students, producers and industries deserve nothing but the best that the institution can offer.
- Sustained Excellence in Instruction. Produce highly competent and world-class manpower in science and technology (S&T), especially for agriculture, environmental management and industries who are proficient in communication skills, critical thinking and analytical abilities,
- Innovative RDE System and Competitive S&T Products. Generate and disseminate relevant knowledge and technology that lead to improved productivity, profitability and sustainability in agriculture, environment and industries,
- Adequate and Sustainable Resource Generation Activities. Generate adequate resources to support the University’s instruction, research and extension pursuits and physical infrastructure needs in the face of declining government subsidy to state universities and colleges (SUCs),
- Efficient, Effective and Client-Centered Administrative Support Services. Provide timely, accessible, acceptable and customer-friendly administrative support system that promotes partnership and sense of shared stewardship with students, faculty, alumni and other stakeholders, and
- Functional and Adequate Physical Facilities and Infrastructure. Provide functional and adequate infrastructure and related facilities essential to a world-class instruction, innovative RDE, sustainable resource generation and efficient administration.
- To strive for excellence in agriculture education for regional and rural development.
- To sharpen its focus on impact programs and projects in instruction, research, and the application of new knowledge for the well-being of the small Visayan farmers and rural families.
- To build enduring linkages with national and international institutions and agencies for the promotion of relevant instruction, meaningful research, and effective transmission of useful knowledge in the rural communities in the Visayas.
Quality Policy Statement
The Visayas State University (VSU), a globally competitive university of science and technology and environmental conservation, is created by law to develop highly competitive human resource, cutting- edge scientific knowledge and innovative technologies for sustainable communities and environment.
Towards this end, we, at the Visayas State University, commit to:
- Produce highly competent, quality and world-class manpower in science and technology, especially for agriculture, environmental management and industry who are proficient in communication skills, critical thinking and analytical abilities;
- Generate and disseminate relevant knowledge and technologies that lead to improved productivity, profitability and sustainability in agriculture, environment and industry; and
- Satisfy the needs and applicable requirements of the industry, the community and government sectors who are in need of quality graduates and technology ready for commercialization through the establishment, operation, maintenance and continual improvement of a Quality Management System (QMS) which is aligned with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015.
It shall be the policy of the university that the quality policies and procedures are communicated to and understood by all faculty, staff, students and other stakeholders and that the system be continually improved for its relevance and effectiveness.