As per Memorandum Circular No.104, Series of 2020, the Visayas State University implemented a “Wellness Week” (23-27 Nov. 2020) for its constituents particularly students to recharge themselves from the rigors and demands of distance learning.
The College of Veterinary Medicine (CVM) Supreme Student Council (SSC) actively spearheaded the activity and organized various activities to promote and foster the well-being of the students and the faculty.
Following were the highlights of the event:
- The CVM-SSC provided a hashtag every day until Wednesday and everyone in the CVM was encouraged to post a photo or a video on Facebook relevant to the given hashtag. The CVM-SSC page was tagged on the photo or video along with hashtag. At the end of each day, standout photos and videos got featured on the CVM-SSC page.
- The week kicked off with a Kumustahan Session and included an exchange of messages from the CVM faculty members and students , special intermission numbers of talented veterinary students, and a general kumustahan with everybody via the Zoom platform. This event was also initiated to acquaint new members of the CVM family. As the online classes are getting tougher and more intense, this kumustahan session was really essential to foster the mental health and physical well-being of CVM students.
- The Fitness Challenge organized by the Venerable Knights Veterinarians Fraternity (VKVF) and Venerable Lady Veterinarians Sorority (VLVS) was a fitness competition aimed to promote awareness about health and wellness. This competition served as a reminder for every veterinary student, and the faculty and staff to exercise and exert movements from time to time despite the passive situation of this distance learning. The contestant who lost weight the most got proclaimed as the winner of this challenge.
WELNESS WEEK DP BLAST
- As the CVM-SSC prepared a frame template for the Facebook display picture and the students were encouraged to utilize the frame together with the ready-to-use photo caption. This Wellness Week DP Blast aied in booting activities of the week managed by the various student organizations under the CVM.
VET OR DI KA BET? ONLINE QUIZ SHOW
- Using Mentimeter (menti.com), an interactive presentation software, the Dog Owners Club (DOC) managed an online quiz show open to all students of CVM. Every competitor of the quiz show was invited to Google Meet where the host provided updates of scores through screenshare and also to display questions and overall standing. The event aimed to encourage veterinary students to expand and retain their knowledge while having fun. Besides, the activity helped in the promotion of of the subjects in the field of veterinary medicine.
- Among Us, being developed and published by Innersloth, is an online multiplayer social deduction game which involves two roles: Imposters and Crewmates. This game was played by the veterinary students together with the CVM faculty and staff on the third day of the wellness week, Wednesday. This event aimed to achieve fun and refreshment allowing an interesting virtual interaction between the students and the faculty and staff.
OPEN MIC TIME
- The Open Mic Time was the culmination event for all the activities done during the wellness week. This event was comprised of very much anticipated pre-recorded performances from the veterinary students and also from the faculty and staff of the CVM. Every member of the CVM was encouraged to join the Zoom Meeting for the Open Mic Time on third day of the wellness week, Wednesday. As the wellness week comes to an end, it was amusing to end the week of fun with a blast.